Frontend-Designer / UI-Engineer / Designer-who-knows-how-to-code / Ninja-Unicorn*Narwhal /m/f/d
Fulltime, Bochum, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
So you are not a designer, not yet a frontend-developer? Do you love to play with the latest CSS techniques, but still, you have an eye for design and are familiar with layout tools? Do you care about accessibility? Performance? Perfect!
It sounds like you are our new Frontend-Designer/UI-Engineer/Designer-who-knows-how-to-code/Ninja-Unicorn*Narwhal/m/f/d
What you'll do:
- You are the link between design and development.
- You convert a designer’s Vision to functional, performant, and accessible HTML Components.
- You work closely with designers to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems.
- You implement responsive designs and ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- You work with our Frontend and Backend Developers so that they can add complex behavior on top of your components. (For that, we use ReactJS, Ruby on Rails, VueJS, Elixir, Svelte…whatever. You don’t need to know any of these, but must be willing to understand the basics for working together. (We help you, promise!)
What you’ll need:
- A solid understanding of building semantic HTML
- You can write scalable CSS using methodologies such as BEM or ITCSS
- You are familiar with Layout/Design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Illustrator
- An interest in web accessibility
- At least a basic understanding of SVG
- As most of our clients speak german, you should be fluent in german and english
We offer you:
- An outstanding team and community
- Flexible work hours and a modern working environment
- Flat hierarchies
- Top-of-the-line MacBooks and other great tools
- Competitive salary
- A beautiful office in the heart of Bochum surrounded by lots of bars and restaurants
To be honest with you, we don’t like to read those standard letters of motivation. And we bet you don’t like writing them either. How about, you tell us who you are and what floats your boat. What makes you jump out of bed in the morning? Depending on the job you are applying for we'd love to see some projects you've been working on, code examples or designs so we can get an impression of your modus operandi. Work examples are more important to us than your grades!
You should convince us both professionally and personally, as our company is more than just a bunch of individuals that happen to sit in the same room whilst staring into their laptops. If both parties have the feeling to click, we will get back to you to clarify the terms, make you an offer and then eventually welcome you aboard. >
Get in touch with us!