Open-Source Firmware Developer
Full Time Job, Bochum
Start date: As soon as possible
What you’ll do:
- Develop firmware based on open-source projects for our clients
- Enable existing hardware with open-source firmware
- Add customized features to our clients
- Push the open-source community forward
What you’ll need:
- Experience in x86 firmware engineering
- A good understanding of the C and/or C++ programming language
- Linux knowledge
- Good knowledge of how hardware interacts with each other. (SPI, I²C, LPC or any other bus technology)
- Optional: Basic knowledge of an open-source firmware project e.g. coreboot or TianoCore.
What we offer:
- An outstanding team and community
- Flexible work hours and a modern working environment
- Flat hierarchies
- Top-of-the-line working tools, e.g. notebook
- Training opportunities and a competitive salary
- A beautiful office with an in-house bar in the heart of Bochum surrounded by lots of bars and restaurants
To be honest with you, we don’t like to read those standard letters of motivation. And we bet you don’t like writing them either. How about, you tell us who you are and what floats your boat. What makes you jump out of bed in the morning? Depending on the job you are applying for we'd love to see some projects you've been working on, code examples or designs so we can get an impression of your modus operandi. Work examples are more important to us than your grades!
You should convince us both professionally and personally, as our company is more than just a bunch of individuals that happen to sit in the same room whilst staring into their laptops. If both parties have the feeling to click, we will get back to you to clarify the terms, make you an offer and then eventually welcome you aboard. >
Get in touch with us!