Fulltime, Bochum, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
You love to learn new things. You are open minded and friendly in contact. You are thrilled by cutting edge technology. You love well-designed and well thought out things. You enjoy working on diverse projects and see challenges as great possibilities to exploit your full potential. You can find the sweet spot between pragmatism and well-wrought and clearly structured projects. You have experience in managing small teams and working with clients.
What you'll do:
- You'll have the leading position in client projects
- Represent 9elements in dialog with clients and develop digital products in coordination with them
- Define the project's scope and budget in coordination with the client
- Decide which technologies are going to be used for front-end, back-end and define the overall architecture
- Guide the team and the clients through the development process
- Write clean, composable and testable code as you create the project's foundation
- Do code reviews with your team members
- Monitor the project's time and budget constraints on your way to finishing a successful product
What you’ll need:
- A solid understanding of modern web architecture and advanced experience in at least one web framework like Ruby on Rails or Elixir and Phoenix
- Advanced experience using a unix based shell
- Relevant experience in developing large web and/or mobile applications
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating with clients
We offer you:
- An outstanding team and community
- Flexible work hours and a modern working environment
- Flat hierarchies
- Top-of-the-line MacBooks and other great tools
- Competitive salary
- A beautiful office in the heart of Bochum surrounded with lots of bars and restaurants
Get in touch with us!
if you are wondering what we do with your application data.
To be honest with you, we don’t like to read those standard letters of motivation. And we bet you don’t like writing them either. How about, you tell us who you are and what floats your boat. What makes you jump out of bed in the morning? Depending on the job you are applying for we'd love to see some projects you've been working on, code examples or designs so we can get an impression of your modus operandi. Work examples are more important to us than your grades!
You should convince us both professionally and personally, as our company is more than just a bunch of individuals that happen to sit in the same room whilst staring into their laptops. If both parties have the feeling to click, we will get back to you to clarify the terms, make you an offer and then eventually welcome you aboard.